1. (Conversing with) Dodie Stevens, who had a hit in 1959 with the song “Pink Shoelaces”
2. (Listening) Laverne Baker “Jim Dandy to the Rescue”
3. (Reading) ‘Don We Now Our Gay Apparel’: Gay Men’s Dress in the Twentieth Century ed. Shaun Cole
4. (Reading) Gay New York by George Chauncey
5. (Reading) Homeward Bound by Emily Matchar
6. (Reading) What the Music Said: Black Popular Music and Black Public Culture by Mark Anthony Neal
7. (Reading) Stir It Up: Lessons in Community Organizing and Advocacy by Rinku Sen
8. (Studying) Colloquial Norwegian
9. (Writing) a paper for Console-ing Passions about “Pink Shoelaces,” age, race and sexuality.
10. (Reading) Tracks by Louise Erdrich
11. (Enjoying more upon every read) The Poky Little Puppy, by Janette Sebring Lowrey.