October 10, 2014. Back to list form, for now.
1. Reading: From the Dance Hall to Facebook: Teen Girls, Mass Media, and Moral Panic in the United States, 1905-2010 by Shayla Thiel-Stern.
2. Reading: “Global Women’s Issues: Women in the World Today” published by the State Department Bureau of International Information Programs.
3. Reading: “Women and Men in Norway” published by Statistics Norway.
4. Listening: “Mississippi Goddam” by Nina Simone many times over.
5. Corresponding: with independent study students, working on girls’ issues at the Center for Women’s Leadership at Portland State University.
6. Visiting: classrooms in Råde, Øystese, Halden, Oslo, Hamar (see my google map here)
7. Trying to ignore: breast cancer awareness month
8. Following: Feminist Approach to Technology (FAT) Facebook feed – a great org in New Delhi bringing diverse skills to girls and young women.
9. Considering: the life well-lived by my colleague, Rosyln Farrington.
10. Soliciting: people who work with girls who want to participate in a special writing project in connection with an forthcoming issue of the Journal of Popular Music Studies I am editing with Diane Pecknold – email me!
11. Anticipating: going to the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony in December.